Design Museum Academy Young People Workshop
Design Camp: Zine Making for 11 to 14 year olds
The young people will be introduced to a variety of techniques for image making including collage, set design and photography. They will work collectively to produce a final zine with an iconic cover.
• Explore colour composition through a variety of techniques from photography, set design, collage and drawing onto images and working with text
• Explore analogue traditional techniques of zine making and collaging
• Develop skills of visual storytelling and communicating through images and text
• Explore colour and develop individual visual language
• Develop creative collaboration
– This workshop is suitable for young people aged 11 – 14 who are at a beginner level
– All equipment, materials and light refreshments will be provided, but participants will need to bring a packed lunch
– Please let us know of any access needs, including neurodiversity, when booking a place for your child. If your child receives additional support in their formal education setting, you are welcome to bring a carer/additional adult at no cost, but we are unable to provide 1:1 support
Fearon is a Photographer, Director & Writer. She initially started as a photographer and her practice has broadened into film, working on short films and music videos. She has had her film The Muse screened at the V&A. Anna has been commissioned to make short films for Channel 4 Random acts for Black history month. She has also published two issues of ‘Blue’ a print publication, celebrating Black beauty, fashion and art.
Young person: £74
Early bird Young Person: £67
*Please note that this benefit only applies to the cardholding Member’s children and not those of additional guests.
Early bird tickets are available until Saturday 16 March.
Capacity is limited, please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Check out the Design Museum Academy refunds and cancellations policy here.